Friday, May 24, 2013

Meeting Places

I'm fairly certain that every house has one of those spots that just somehow becomes 'the spot."  There's never a formal meeting where the heads of household discuss 'the spot,' but nonetheless, 'the spot' is born.  In my house, that spot is the kitchen island.

It's the spot we leave things we don't have a clue where to put because it's the domain of Blue and you happen to be Pink.  It's where you linger over morning tea, reading the newspaper comics and advice columns or its the spot to find the Saturday crossword you both work on until you finish it or give up.   It's the spot where you leave items that you want Pink to pick up on the next grocery run if you happen to be Blue.

Two days ago, an empty package of AAA batteries showed up in the spot.  I dutifully added it to my grocery list.  But now, it's been replaced with a full package of AAA batteries.   Pink is plenty confused, let me tell you.

Occasionally, but not too often, the spot finds notes, which are always exciting.  As good as getting 'real' email instead of junk from stores who happen to have you on an email list.

Hi Mo:
Did you have a good snooze?
I'm off for a visit with Wil.
I will be loving you this much
And this much too!
Bruce
Gotta love a spot like that!

I'd been to my weekly trainer session at the gym yesterday and she kicked my butt (figuratively, of course) so hard that, well, my butt muscles are refusing to do anything today but offer reasons for not getting out of the comfy chair in front of the tv where naps are pretty much inevitable.  Stairs are nigh impossible.  I think Simone proved a point about me needing to get into the gym more often.

Hope this note finds you all exceedingly well and enjoying fine weather, getting out and about and enjoying yourself.   My advice today is .. join a gym .. don't piss off your trainer.  And leave funny notes in your 'spot.'

No comments:

Post a Comment