Saturday, November 30, 2013

A little holiday spirit

Today .. I turned this

Into this ...


and then this ...

Its in the garage right now, cooling off.

Hopefully that toffee sets up properly .. I had the worst time today .. all because I made what I thought was a simple substitution.  Most times you can get away with using brown sugar instead of white.  Not today ... the first batch didn't have any sticky qualities at all.  I freaked out over the second batch and undercooked it and it looked and tasted okay, but was the wrong color.  So I tried to fix it all by jury-rigging another recipe. I may be stuck dropping this into the freezer and breaking it out when there's no one around but Bruce and I. It's been one-of-those-days in my kitchen.  I really should learn to follow recipes.

But where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment