Monday, July 28, 2014

May Promise

May is the month that my garden begins to show its promise, like it's waiting to be spectacular, waiting for some signal to be glorious. It's also the month I probably have the gardening bug the strongest.  Maybe its just waiting for me to quit my planning.


The campanula softens all the granite squatting at the edge of my patio like a huge, stern
relative who can't help but smile at the antics of the kids

I can't tell you how happy I was to see the peony flower buds.  This is the first year they've been
happy enough to want to flower.  However,  we've seen this stage in Calgary too, and not
had them flower out, so I held my breath and crossed my fingers.

The coral bark, in need of a trimming, does its best to off set the rock wall.  
 
I love having different coloured rhododendrons in my garden as it means
a parade of colour through many weeks.  Here, the purple grabs your attention
from the back of the yard.  We don't normally see this from our patio, as its tucked in behind
the Japanese maple.

Maybe next year, this clematis will learn to flower at a more respectable height!

No comments:

Post a Comment