Thursday, September 1, 2011

September again

A year has come and gone since I first started this blog ... it doesn't really seem like its been that long.   And conversely, it seems like its always been here.  I'm still not sure how many of my family know about the blog, but if you're reading .. thank you.  This is for you. Call me sometime, hey?

In the past year, I've certainly come to think of differently because of it.  I'll go out with family or friends or out for a walk and I'll grab my camera.  or I'll think of something I can add to the pages here.  I still don't formulate plans because of this, but I do keep it in the back of my mind.

This month's theme is a play on the back-to-school plaids I see advertised everywhere this time of year.  I have discovered some really great patterns on the web so I hope to bit more of this layered look.

I've also put together another "like" list. This time, its water pitchers.  My grandmother inadvertently instilled this love of water pitchers. Whenever you'd go to visit Gram and Gramps, she would have an old teal melamine water pitcher in the fridge filled with nectar of the gods .. apple juice.  Even when empty, that old jug smelled like a chunk of heaven.  A whiff of apple juice, even now, will take me whipping back through the decades to Gramma's kitchen table, legs swinging under the chair, eating toast freshly popped out of Grampa's fancy toaster, looking out the window at the neighbor's garden and enjoying a glass of apple juice while Gram bustled about the kitchen.  She always dressed well, but I think she was never more beautiful than in the morning while she was still wearing her dressing gown and slippers and having breakfast with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment