Monday, September 3, 2012

Labour of Love?

Deep in my bones I know that Labour Day is all about taking time off from your labours to enjoy friends and family.  So why did I go crazy and buy paint and brushes?  No idea, but I like the results!

Before

After
I thought this would be simple.  Pop the door off, paint it a couple of times, let it dry all day .. put it back on and you know .. Bob's your uncle.  It was a long day to do two doors and their trim, starting with washing and rinsing and getting garage and drop cloths ready.  Ending with fiddling around with  reluctant handles and hinges that during the day became like two depolarized magnets.

The back door took only two coats, but this front one took five.

Two more doors to go, only one with trim, so it should go faster.  Famous last words right there, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment