Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's been a while ...

Before I pelted through our yellow front door yesterday to jump into my car, I'd scrounged through a batch of boxes marked "office" that are in the storage room and had managed to dig up my set of pencils.  The grade school lime green case makes me smile when I see it because I know the friends that are waiting inside.  I briefly searched for my coloured pencils, but gave that up because I was a bit late, having forgotten the date I'd set.  Thank you, my husband who often reminds me of things I can remember quite well on my own, thank you very much anyway.  In this case, however, it was a good thing he did.  I was having one of those "I know I'm supposed to be somewhere" days, but thought it was for my workout that was getting pushed back farther into the day as I sat at my computer and got lost in time, as I often do.

Cécile and I sat down at her big teak dining room table where we'd planned to spend the afternoon drawing a still life. She set up a beautiful stargazer lily and then wandered off into her artroom, coming back with treasure after treasure in the form of art media.  I settled down with a cup of herbal tea and my pencils, but before the first half hour was out, my fingers were covered with pink chalk.

Four hours later, the result was this piece of work.  As it goes, its got a batch of faults, but I'm happy to have my hand back and having produced a semi-respectable piece.  As a starter piece to remembering my art, its acceptable and I'm happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment