Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You've got to be shitting me.

Years!  Not one or two.  Not even three of four.  I've tried to grow freesia well over half a dozen times, probably edging closer to the ten mark.

The result .. a big fat nothing.  I fail at freesia, apparently.  I'm not sure what it is because they're supposed to be zone friendly for Calgary or Nanaimo.

This summer I even took a picture of the empty flower bed with its little popsicle stick markers looking so much like Boot Hill tombstones.  We've actually taken to referring to that area in the flowerbeds as Boot Hill.

So it was surprising to walk by the beds the other day and see this ....


Perhaps all I needed to give it, instead of love and encouragement, water and fertilizer, was the cold shoulder.  It hasn't flowered yet, so I may still be zero for ten.  If it does flower, I'll definitely be taking pictures of the triumph.

I'm not holding my breath.  I'm giving it the cold sholder now.

No comments:

Post a Comment