Thursday, May 1, 2014

Heart of Stone

You might recall that I posted a birthday card a  few years ago that included a heart made of stone, which is a recurring theme in the life of the Neumans .. ever since he found a huge stone in the river one day while we were on a camping trip.

He's produced various heart-shaped rocks for me over the years.  I have a 2" one that resides under the seat of my car, because of course, you cannot ever dare throw them out and where else would you put it?

The other day, he brought me a few seashells from outrigger session as well as .. you guessed it .. another heart of stone.  This time, it was a bit larger, being about six or seven inches across at its widest. I thought I'd show him that the rock gifts, while not always kept, were always appreciated.

So I got out my paints ....


Look to see this one on my doorstep with the collection of driftwood and last autumn's oak leaves from my neighbour's tree.

And .. happy birthday once again, my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment