Sunday, April 27, 2014

Songs from my shows

Every once in a while, a great song from an opening sequence on television totally grabs me and I have to know more about the song.

In no particular order, here's a selection of music from television shows that caused me to open up a browser and find out more about them, the lyrics or the artist.

The Heavy - Short Change Hero - from Strike Back.  

Lyrics here.



The Handsome Family - Far From Any Road - from True Detective

Lyrics here.  This 10-episode series had an amazing soundtrack - here's a breakdown.



Fever Ray - If I Had a Heart - from Vikings

Lyrics here.


Ramin Djawadi - Main Theme - Game of Thrones

Ramin Djawadi is an Iranian-German composer of orchestral music for film and television.  Credits include Pacific Rim, Iron Man and Clash of the Titans in addition to Game of Thrones.



Ray Boutté - The Treme Song - Treme

Lyrics here.


Jace Everett - Bad Things -  True Blood

Lyrics here.



No comments:

Post a Comment