Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A late night exchange

Because Bruce is a morning person, and I'm rather nocturnal, I am often rambling around the house after he's abed. Although I do attempt to get into bed without disturbing his sleep, we often have conversations he won't  remember in the morning. Sometimes, they are hilarious.

I've lately been setting my iPad on the nightstand to use it as an alarm clock, so I was able to jot this down.

Bruce:  Aliens!
Me:  Aliens?
Bruce:  Vinegar
Me:  Whaaat?
Bruce:  Aliens have .. no, Americans. Americans have an alien ... an inalienable right to vinegar.
Me:  Really?  Do tell.
Bruce:  It's called "The Vinegar Act."
Me:  ::muffled laughter::

I'm not going to speculate too much on where his mind travels while he's asleep. Wherever  it is, I seem to have a vicarious ticket, so I'm cool with that. I love the way his mind works. I love conversations like this. They end the day with laughter for me and start the next day with laughter for both of us when I remember the conversation so I can pass it along to him.

Now you can laugh with us.  :D




No comments:

Post a Comment