Monday, April 7, 2014

I suspect shenanigans


Each time I park my car, I get to look at this amusing little vignette.  Tucked in amongst the peiris, our smug little sculpture waits for the birds to come visit from the suet holder Bruce has set up.  From the relative comfort of his office chair, he and the cats lolling on top of the file cabinet can watch the show.

Our local bird store has suggested filling a suet holder with bits of fur (lord knows we have enough cat fur around with both cats blowing their coats), lint, string and cotton bits to help the birds with their nesting needs.

Bruce's interest in the birds of our garden has certainly been mirrored by our own family felines, whom we often find crouched down by a window in 'hunting mode.'   Ours are no danger to the birds, not being allowed out, but we do have a neighbour who lets her cat wander about and he finds our yard quite delightful.  I wonder if it's the sun-warmed patio flagstones or if it's potential meals.  Call me suspicious, but I think there's funny business afoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment