Thursday, April 24, 2014

More from the garden

It seems to me that you haven't been kept fully in the loop on what's happening in my garden right now, other than a whole bunch of avoiding cleaning last fall's trash.  Maybe, if I'm lucky, it will all compost before I have to get in there.  A girl can dream, right?

Front Yard

This first shot is a contrast of dark red and bleach white; with its wickedly long thorns, the barberry bush protects our feathery-petaled star azalea.

Barberry Bush and Star Azalea 

White is in abundance in the spring garden.  The bleeding heart bush has, without prompting from me, grown back from the shell-shock it received earlier this spring.


 Peiris.  Cascading bells make me happy.


I forget what these wee purple flowers are .. they were on sale when I purchased and planted them last year, hoping they'd grow nicely on my rock wall.  I had the idea that I'd plant a few more, so perhaps I'd better do a bit of research!


My front step .. the first flowers of the season .. white and deep red carnations set against the side panel of my front door.  The camera angle makes this look rather like a drunken carpenter was at work here.


Still blooming wildly .. this is what the evergreen jasmine looks like from my neighbor's side of the fence.


Back yard

The coral bark tree reaches skyward vigorously .. I think this is the year to learn how to prune it properly.


Pink heather borders the lower lawn just below my lily garden.


Finally, no spring garden showcase would be complete without muscari.  Certainly not mine .. these guys are naturalizing above my lily garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment