Saturday, November 20, 2010

Of birthdays

November is chock full on most people's birthday watch lists, perhaps due to February being chilly,partial to crackling fireplaces and being snowed in for days on end.  I'm attending a party this evening to celebrate some Bastion Dragons' birthdays .. Bev, Cheryl, Kelly, and Toni, in addition to myself and Karen.  Perhaps I'll be able to share some pictures tomorrow.   In return for Cheryl's masterful chef skills, we've been asked only to bring homemade birthday cards.  Ours are post-it notes.  Bruce has full intentions of bringing along another small pad to make up things as he goes along, so I expect at some point to find a 'kick me' sign on someone.


My day started yesterday with a glass of orange juice and champage, a combination that never ceases to delight and always tempts me back for a few more. It rounded off into bacon and French toast ... something we haven't had in probably a decade.  Cecile dropped by to share some strawberry shortcake that Bruce made from scratch, leaving behind some wonderful organic chocolate and Dutch licorice that Richard picked up on a recent trip there.  The evening meal was roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy, along with broccoli and a lemony sauce.  All in all, a very fine day, food wise.  Bruce really knows how to treat me well :)

As for gifts, I was the recipient of two phone calls ... one from Dad who told me that he'd be visiting at some point during his off season :D :D :D, the other from Ralph who shared quite a few laughs over this blog.  I'm glad you're enjoying it Ralph .. I am having a great deal of fun with it.  [Edit:  Calls from Jamie, Ian, Mel and Sandy, Aunt Sandy, and an email from Larry too :D] Also on the gift list, not just one, but two different types of gaming mice ... one made by Razer (and much coveted by myself) ... and the other contributed by Mr. Tippy and Murray ...

This one has a place of honor on my desk

The evening ended with 4" of snow and a call from Toni asking if I ordered up the weather, perhaps missing Alberta.  Umm .. I was waxing nostalgic about Alberta earlier this week, but I'm over it now.  Dad told me it was -28° in Beaverlodge yesterday morning.  Yup, I'm over it.

This morning ... Christmas card outside my window!  So I shovelled snow on Bev and Toni's birthday .. I hope you two appreciate all that I do for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment