Thursday, December 16, 2010

A cherry-flavoured December

Way back on December 6th, I was a bit premature that the end of the cold was in sight.  I've never before had something hang on this long. I've emerged from the cherry-flavoured haze that colored my days and nights and just last evening had my first night not strung out on some sort of something that would make it possible for me to sleep without coughing. I'm sorry I haven't had much to post during this time.  Creative juices were amazingly low.  

So now it's December 16th and I have done no Christmas decorating, no shopping, no Christmas cards, no baking or planning.  I have a plan for Bruce's gift at least and there's only my dad to fret about as Bruce sent some flowers to Ferdi.  I think a phone call to my niece Myranda might be in order to figure out what to do there.

Coming up this weekend is the annual Orphans' Dinner hosted by a former Bastion Dragons member, Jessalyn.  This has become a bit of a big do that all of us look forward to each year.  Jessalyn cooks a turkey, Kelly makes brussel sprouts, Jennifer is on gravy duty and everyone else brings something to round out a festive meal.  Bruce and  Cecile are putting their heads together on Friday to concoct something for us to take over.  I'll be sure to take pictures!

Speaking of nieces, Trina sent me a shot she'd taken on our ramblings when she visited.  As we were first getting to know the city, we'd have to take trips to various locations to conduct business ... the habit they have here of naming a street one thing on this side of a particular road and yet another on the other side had us constantly referring to maps, alternating with driving around aimlessly.  Bruce told me during one such excursion, he figured he was well and truly lost when he happened upon the corner of Jingle Pot and Jingle Pot.

2 comments:

  1. GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER WHILE THE REST OF US THAT FOLLOW YOUR TALES AND ADVENTURES ARE IN WITHDRAWL, BUT I GUESS IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU FEELING BETTER AND NOT ABOUT US GETTING THAT LITTLE LIFT WHEN WE READ YOUR WRITINGS DAILY. GLAD YOUR BACK. RALPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... I <3 you .. you little shit. By the way, because I know that you're waaaaay behind the times, <3 is a heart. Samantha probably knows that 'cause it's text talk and well ... *you know."

    ReplyDelete