Monday, August 20, 2012

A little cottage in the country

Kelly shared pictures and story of his house renovations, so I thought I'd pass them along.

The first three pictures show how it looked when I started. I didn't like leaves so I cut down the poplar, then decided I didn't like to paint - and the window trim needed redone. So I changed out all the windows and doors to colored steel and vinyl. When that was almost finished I decided I liked the Spanish style of the house and should make the roof match. After much looking around I found the style of roof I liked and ordered it from Kentucky. So as you can see, doors, roof, windows and half the outside walls have been changed - as well as half the walls on the inside. All the flooring on the main floor will be changed to porcelain, granite and hardwood this winter, as well as the counter tops.

George and I have been slowly working on the landscaping and hope to be done this year. By the time I get home in next couple weeks, the stack stone should be done on the front of the house. Everything else will slow down now that the money pit is starting to show the bottom of the hole. I hope to get the last of it all done next spring when me and the girls get back from Ireland .

Love ya, talk to ya soon ; Kelly
PS say hi to Bruce for me





When you said you removed all the trees, I was wondering. But this isn’t too bad. Dude, you totally need a back deck that is amazing. That little one does your house no justice! Have you seen that show “Decked Out” with Paul LaFrance? Omg .. that guy does amaaaaazing shit with wood.

Also, you really do need some green around the house .. such as lawns or flower beds ... too much gravel is not good for the soul.

Mo



I'm still not done with the dirt moving yet , but I am going to have some flowers also & the tree movers can't move the rest of the trees till October (to much stress on them ).  I'm going to
  •  extend the top deck at the back of the house the full length of the house and 
  • put in another set of garden doors out of the master badroom when I redo the master bath and
  • put a roof over the top deck ( when Hugh moves). 
So far the renos are about $70,000.00 so I've started to slow down a bit . I'm just really hoping I can be all done by this time next year and I won't have to touch the house ever again, but I'm not going to put off going on holidays to do it.  Also you bet you can put whatever you wish on your blog . Oh Trina also said to say hi the next time I talk to ya.

Talk to ya soon , Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment