Thursday, August 30, 2012

Goats on the Roof

Today, I grabbed Bev and took her off to a little town named Coombs .. about a 20 minute drive north of Nanamio.

A small touristy area off the main highway on the way to Port Alberni or Tofino, its main attraction is a grocery store.  

While the interior of the store boasts some non-standard food ... a lot of imports from China, Denmark, Holland, India and a batch of catch-all tourist items like t-shirts .. it's the exterior of the building that has made the town somewhat famous.  Built with a sod roof, you can sometimes catch the goats out grazing.  Or perhaps, playing up to the tourists in the hope of getting a handout.









I have a ton more pictures to show you, but I thought I'd break them into smaller posts .. I've been guilty of some pretty large downloads for some of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment