Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little Nottingham

Across the busy road from the swanky homes that sit on the hill overlooking Departure Bay with nothing but ocean view in front .. is the community that Frank Ney and his town council buddies gave the affectionate name "Sherwood Forest."  To be fair, there are some swanky homes on the rocky slopes of Sherwood Forest, but there are some pretty normal places not surrounded by woods in shades of lincoln green.  Still .. it would totally delight me to have any of these names on a return address:





There are many more streets in this area, and I expect I'll be including them as I stroll in  Sherwood Forest.  I think I passed Prince John today and I know Marion is represented as well .. not so sure about Will Scarlet. 

And in case you, like me, now have a yen for some music to go along with these pictures ...

No comments:

Post a Comment