Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March . Surprise!

March has come in whimpering.  I think Bruce would probably say it's me and not the month.  In addition to catching me off-guard and flat-footed with regards to my website makeover, the first days of March see me with a unsettling case of stomach 'flu.  Weather-wise, we've been enjoying much better temps than those of you in Alberta.

I'm going to be adding a batch of links below .. some more web comics and one 'journal.' It's written from the perspective of a feudal Japanese woman.   I've been reading the back issues and I have no idea where the story is going, but its been an interesting read so far.  Just click on the picture below to go to the site.





In other news, Bruce's Huliguns are practicing now for a Crazy Eight Race around Protection and Newscastle Islands.  This is an outrigger race in our home harbour and yet  Bruce has not yet finished the race. The first time, his team came a bit too close to shore and waves washing back from the shoreline dumped his team over into the frigid waters.  Last year, his ongoing back troubles prevented him from competing so he's determined to get it done this year.  Timed runs are now underway .. this is srs bsns!

No comments:

Post a Comment