Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bridesmaids Dresses 1

Samantha, before it's too late, I thought we should go over some of the color choices you can make for your big day.  Oh, I bet you *think* you've got a color scheme going on, but you may change your mind ... let's see what showstoppers are out there!

Now, this first is not built around a color pallet so much as a pastel lace theme.  It could fit in with a country theme, and hey .. I'll just bet you like to act girly and get all dolled up in miles of chantilly lace and well-placed bows ... your friends should too!


If you're into bows as a lovely melody playing throughout your wedding symphony, you might not want to be quite so subtle.  Nothing screams 'theme' like this next dress ...  I'll bet your mom would look hawt.

And speaking of screaming ... maybe you've chosen fuschia to go with your fairy tale day .. these could be the very dresses to highlight your own gown.  You can even allow that slightly loose friend of yours to choose the midriff baring version ... I'm sure she'll pick up her future ex somewhere in the wedding party.
 Of course, one just cannot have enough pink at weddings, amirite?  How about this for an adorable ensemble?  You could couple medieval country tan and vibrant violet velvet.  I'm sure it will be ever so comfortable even on a hot June day near the arctic circle.  
Nah ... there's just not enough pink bling factor .. a bit of super spandexy stretch fabric might do.  If you tied them all together by their ankles, you could carry them around like a balloon bouquet.  Now *there's* an entourage you won't lose!

Okay, I know you're a country girl at heart, and maybe you'd like to get your mom in on this thing .. she could help sew the gowns .. you needn't go to a great deal of expense .. and hey, you could even match your flowers and backdrop to the whole shebang ... I'll just bet DeeWynn will think this is sexy as all get out.
Now, let's look at this orange and yellow thing a bit closer.  I'll bet a bit more hard work could turn up a suitable dress ...
Whoa .. flashback!  I feel like I just opened a box from my grandmother who'd been going crazy at the Three Hills Rummage Sale, maybe because I think I've seen some of these same selections. And Samantha, I hope you know I've chosen them with the same selfless dedication that my grandmother did .. I'll bet you even share that sense of delight that I did upon opening that slightly mothbally odorific box.    

Now that we've got that out of the way ... let's continue on with the warmer hues that I've selected for your choices ...

Peaches away!  If your friends are olive complexioned, the dresses above might be an excellent choice to highlight skin tones ...or if you've got a really outlandish buddy who can pull off this next dress .. it's a hell of a statement.  Not sure what that statement is, but .. wow.  All it needs for an accessory is a simple Xena bicep cuff.  Maybe she could carry a chakram instead of flowers.
Of course, your girlfriends should be your cheerleaders on this day of all days, yes?  This little number could set the right tone for the day.  And you know .. you can accessorize with pearls or even a spandex chamois, color choices optional.
Okay, let's switch it up and look at some cooler tones.  Weddings and taffeta just seen to go hand in hand.  Your friends will adore you forever if you choose something like this.  A hot June day and itchy seams that produce week long rashes will be a small price to pay for fairy tale wedding photos like this! Love the star in the bride's tiara.  Maybe you could get one too.  Look no farther than Walmart or Toys R Us.
And .. oh, oh oh!  Here's a way to get those wonderful aqua shades going with hot red flowers.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be an Indian theme with oriental colors ... or what.  Whatever.. it just "works" doncha think?  Put your best friend in screaming red, match everyone's flowers to her, and let the rest choose whatever the hell they want to wear.  Yup, I'm diggin' it.

Perhaps you don't want to choose colors, which brings us kinda full circle to the top photo.  I think you can make it all work, as long as they're all carrying this bouquet.

And Deborah ... I know its hard to stand back and watch your little girl be all grown up. She'll have the spotlight all day long, but you can steal a bit of it back with this stunner of a dress.


I promise you .. Samantha will not be embarrassed one little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment