Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bridesmaids Dresses - Green edition

Oh pullllease .. you thought I'd finished?  Ha!  You can only hope you live so long.

Now, we looked at some warmer tones yesterday, but I know you're a girl in tune with all things natural, so today, I give you choices that would make Mother Nature's happy.

Remember what I said about taffeta and weddings going hand in hand?  Add in a small tiara and jewelled bodice and you have a smashing number, particularly when you pair it with a lemony bow.  Perhaps you should serve lime margaritas and lemon chiffon cake as well .. pull the whole package together.   I am totally in favor of lime margaritas, by the way.  *hint*


So .. jewelled bodice; check.  Taffeta; check.  Oh wait.  Hell, add some more taffetta.  No no . more.  More than that.  More yet.  Now add just a bit more.  Okay, there we have it.   This totally does not look like those little dolls you put in your bathroom to cover toilet paper rolls.  It does not.  This girl looks HAPPY.   But then again, maybe we should dose the water in the ladies powder room .. just in case.


So .. okay, maybe a bit much on the taffeta.  Perhaps we should pump up the volume on the jewelled bodice.  Of course, it doesn't leave much room for gown, but hey, no one will notice with all that bling blinding them.

Damn, you're a hard girl to please.  Okay, we back it off on the bodice work .. just a bit.  Add back in some gown factor .. maybe toss in a bit of leg to get men's heart's started.  Whatcha think?

Oh, and I didn't forget your slighty loose friend looking for love Mr. Wrong, Mr. Right or Mr. Rightnow.  This could totally work for her ...
 

And in closing, I bring you back to a green that is perhaps in keeping with the Irish nature of the family .. a modest show of Irish lace, some fabulous sewing and stunning bodice work.


I receive a lot of traffic on my site from people looking at this page and more specifically, this last dress. I've been asked many times where to find it.  Like you, I scoured the 'net and found some gowns that fit what i needed for my post.  I hope you find what you're looking for as well.

There are some really stunning examples here:
http://blog.appycouple.com/feature/colorful-holiday-gowns/
Here is the dress retailer.  I've seen this dress in red and blue as well:
http://www.hibridal.com

Good luck

8 comments:

  1. where did you find the hunter green dress>?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original picture came from here

    http://www.hibridal.com/colored-wedding-dresses/1061-hunter-lime-green-and-white-wedding-dresses-gowns-dress-strapless-blue-red-bridal-wedding-gowns-sweetheart.html

    Google up images of "lime green bridesmaid dresses" .. you'll have to use the 'view more' button at the bottom to see the original. for some reason, my blog is posting higher in the results, so you'll have to look farther than that. Good luck in your search, its a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress its so amazing, and just what I have been looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the 4th dress from the top of page, lime green one with split up the front. Is it for sale or where could someone found one like it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were all pictures pulled off the 'net doing a search for bridesmaid dresses and filtering to green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have the website for the last dress? I've been looking everywhere and can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have picked it up from this site, where there's also a picture of a stunning red version: http://blog.appycouple.com/feature/colorful-holiday-gowns/

      Delete
  7. Okay, I found an online shop and I've seen this same dress posted on Pinterest in red, green and blue. Good luck. http://www.hibridal.com/

    ReplyDelete