Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beaverlodge

The treat about visiting small towns is that they're usually got some sort of landmark for which they are known.  That, and they are full of family.

The beaver in Beaverlodge with his toothy welcome
Mom loved all things Holstein and managed to incorporate cows and pigs
into her home décor.  This friendly lady meets you on the steps to
the wrap-around porch at the farmhouse.
Sweeping manicured lawns require hours of maintenance, happily put in on the back of a riding mower
The wishing well at the front of the house covers a cistern
Ian and Bruce share a laugh
Dad recounts the tale of being mistaken for Ralph's brother
He'll probably grimace at me for saying this, but I love Larry's smile.
Ian, Myranda, Ryan, Dad, MaryJane, Darren and Colton
I loved this old photo treatment.  Hope you like it too Ian.
Confession time:  I didn't take this photo and I'm not certain who everyone is.
I cleaned out my email inbox and Kelly had sent this to me. 
Centre left is Kelly, of course, and centre right is his beautiful daughter Trina.
Last picture of this post belongs to a family member I've decided to adopt since she looks
after my father on a near daily basis.  Kerri works at the Beaverlodge Motor Inn and
sees to it that he gets good meals served up with side dishes of sass.  Thanks, sis.

1 comment:

  1. That is one heck of a yard... I'm not saying mine will be quite as green and lush, but you should come visit and check out the new place when we move Sept 1st :) It's a big yard too, lots of trees, an enormous and gorgeous Maple at the back. I'm so excited!

    All that greenery has me frothing at the mouth now. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete