Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On the water

The last couple of weeks have been spent getting ready for the Nanaimo Dragon Boat Festival, which is, without a doubt, the nicest venue I've seen all in my years of padding -- and I've been doing it for a great number of years.  This festival, the KVL Kruisers are hosting Namaxsala mixed team out of Port Hardy and  Alert Bay ... if it turns out like other teams where I've participated in the hosting program ... this could turn into lasting friendships.  Its wonderful to travel to other venues and meet up with friends who you've not seen since the previous year.

In other dragon boat news, I rather thought Bruce was shitting me when he told me that William and Kate would be taking part in a dragon boat race.  After all, its a stroke that takes quite a long time to get right .. that, and Bruce is prone to pulling my leg -- oh hell, anyone's leg.  So yea, I call "bullshit" a lot.  It wasn't until my Aunt Sandy sent me a note that I checked in on the Royal tour and sure enough .. there they are. 


I'm impressed with how well Kate fits in wherever she goes ... doesn't seem to be 'trying' to be normal .. she just 'is.'  I'm also impressed with how much time in their schedule these two have made for ordinary things.  Should be a new huge group of monarchy enthusiasts after this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment