Friday, July 8, 2011

July Garden

I was out weeding my garden the other day and yes, that's probably momentous news, given how often I actually get to it.  Given a choice, however, between a vacuum or a lawn mower, dusting or weeding, you'll find me outside clipping, trimming, weeding and getting a tan.

I shot some pictures of my early July garden to share with you.  The lilies are just coming into bloom and I'm while a couple of the smaller varieties are showing off, I'm waiting for the Casablanca lily to fill the neighborhood with its gorgeous smells.  In the meantime, the double mock orange is the darling of the backyard.  Our balcony sits right above these two shrubs so we get the beautiful fragrance all day long.

Double Mock Orange
We really do get blue skies out here .. sometimes!
It's hard to clean up the yard when things look this beautiful.
The lily garden is my favorite flower bed.
The Hansa Rose is the queen of the lower garden this time of year.
This is our 'lower 40'

1 comment:

  1. Loving the leaves in the double mock orange photo!

    ReplyDelete