Wednesday, June 6, 2012

May update

If it seems like its been forever since I posted ... well .. umm .. guilty as charged.  I have been keeping myself out of trouble, however.

I've devised a paddling program for the Kruisers dragon boat team and have been coaching twice a week since mid-May. Poor ladies went out in the pouring rain last week; fortunately it was warm.  I stayed under my rain poncho and kept warm and dry .. until we docked and I stepped into the middle of the boat to give some specific technique demonstrations and went ankle deep in the collected rain water. I helped design their new shirts and am  hoping they turn out as well as the design suggests the should.

The pinkish lines are size cut marks for the garment maker,
Hayman Sport out of Penticton

Kristen and Bruce watching me in the garden with my camera
Kristen came calling on us and brought a toy for the cats, which they promptly demolished .. with much glee and gusto.  Occasionally it rolls out from under some piece of furniture and becomes a prized possession for another couple of days until it's lost again.

Knitting seems like an Olympic sport to Mr. Tippy.  He seems pretty convinced he could do it better
than Kristen, even though she demonstrates her prowess pretty convincingly with that
pink hooded vest she's wearing.  

Other than that, I've been busy moving dirt and stuff around in my garden .. more so in May than in June .. although I did score a few flats of annuals before the May long weekend.  Here's a rundown of what was going on in May ...

The papery qualities of the birch and star magnolia make for
an interesting early May statement
Bruce and Kristen (on the patio above) caught me taking this photo.  I've since moved my
lily garden into the spot just behind the pink heather .. looking forward to some great
July or August pictures.

The wisteria seems happy enough.  Maybe one of these years it will actually bloom.

I was surpirsed (and delighted) when the bleeding heart on the front step
fought its way back from winter hibernation

Proof.  Wasps *are* actually herbivores in the spring.
I was taking a picture of the pieris flowers when this little
fellow photo-bombed me.

This friendly feline guards the front gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment