Thursday, November 15, 2012

New Neighbor

Meet Squirt!

Chloe is her real name, but she answers to Squirt.  Excitable as all get out, you have to be careful about picking her up because she will ... well, squirt.  

I love this puppy.  She's a digger and has found multiple ways to get out of her fenced yard already.  I'll drive up and she'll come running over to my driveway and as soon as the car door is open, she'll hop in and wiggle around the floorboards under my feet.  My heart melts when she does that.

I'll fuss over her for a few minutes, toss sticks for her for a few more and eventually pick her up and lock her back in her yard before I head into the house.  As I close the garage door, I hear the muffled, plaintive whines because she still wants to play.  My heart melts a bit more when she does that.


Whenever I am in the area along with her owners, she's really in a quandary trying to decide who is more exciting and she runs in circles from one to the other.  When I snapped this picture, her tail was wagging so hard you'd have thought she'd shortly achieve liftoff.   So I think its safe to say we're both besotted with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment