Friday, November 16, 2012

Patterns of the month

This last little bit has seen a variety of new rugs and furniture show up to replace the aging furniture that our mind still insists is new, although we got it over fifteen years ago.  The effects of multiple sets of cats was clearly showing.

I priced out recovering the furniture and it turns out that to simply recover a comfortable chair costs less than ordering a new one from Japan .. with the fabric of my choice.  How is this possible?  My mind simply boggles.

Anyway, the cats are happy, Bruce is happy, I am happy .. and very importantly, I can invite people over and not be embarrassed by the state of the furniture, which .. while comfortable, you'd have to have a very generous spirit to upgrade from 'shabby' to 'much-loved.'

The rug under my coffee table.  The cats are in favour.

My chair.   Mine.  Not Bruce's ... mine.  Finally, I have a recliner
of my own.  Thank you Lazyboy.

The rug at the front door.  Again, the cats are in favour of this
one .. Murray in particular.

Bruce's recliner .. no more flowers for him.  It sits beside my
chair.  Did I mention how much I love having my own chair?

Two wing chairs are covered in this fabric.  I would not have
originally chosen this, but  once it was pointed out to me ...
it has a ton a ton of texture and patterns I like
and will stand the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment