Thursday, November 15, 2012

The best intentions ...

... make the best meals.

When I painted my door yellow, I moved the plants out of the deep, perpetual gloom beside my door where one in particular struggled for years.  A glossy dark green with whitish spots, when we originally purchased it, it was the big brother to the yellower version that is threatening to burst of out the back garden bed it calls home.

Due to the lack of light, it was never a huge grower even though well fertilized and loved.  So when I painted, I moved the two pots closer to a light source .. and they went bananas.  The small pot that contains the white fuschias had one single struggling planting .. and is now a going concern.  I'm surprised its still alive, given that we've had 0° temperatures a couple of times now.  Nevertheless, it thrives and even now has a couple of flower buds.


The broadleaf whatever its called has not been so fortunate.  It stretched, it grew, it reached for the sun .. and then caught the attention of the local deer.


No comments:

Post a Comment