Sunday, September 5, 2010

Creativity?

Every desk I have ever had has one thing in common.

Some desks are neat as a pin, kept pristine and ready for new work.  Everything has a place and there shall be no messes left on my desk by anyone!  Not even me.  Those tend to be the kinds of jobs where I have a variety of work that needs to be done .. where a deadline can shift your priority and a new kind of work has to be take precedence.  Those are the kinds of jobs I love.  They can make you nuts, but at the end of the day, you feel like you've really bitten into something juicy.

There are other desks .. more often the ones at home .. where life is less structured .. they tend to be a bit messier.  Well, okay, if you insist .. a lot less organized.  It's there that this collection seems to spill out of the containers that keep it neat in my work situations.  A bit of color never hurt anyone and even in the most straight-laced jobs ... a container of colored pens and pencils is all you need for a flight of creativity in your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment