Sunday, September 5, 2010

Two bucks!

Early this spring, I went on the hunt for climbing plants for all those trellises.  My favorite place, Green Thumb, which is conveniently close .. or unfortunately close depending on the state of my wallet ... hadn't received their shipment of climbers yet, but did have a motley assortment of last year's "didn't quite make it" plants that they were selling off at fire sale prices.  Two bucks got me a stick with a few leaves that has turned into this beauty  climbing up the pergola over the front door.  A few more years and it will be a show stopper. I don't recall what it is actually.  I remember I'd first bought a jasmine, but it turned out to not be deer resistant .. a necessity in Nanaimo as the deer eat damn near everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment