Saturday, October 23, 2010

Battle of the Bay 2010

Tumultuous in the west, summer blues in the east .. these were the skies as I head down to Swy-A-Lana Lagoon for Bruce's second outrigger race of the season.

To the east
 from the west
I arrived just as the Huliguns were headed off for their second race of the day and managed to catch a couple of shots of the race.

Full steam ahead!  We're cheering for the team on the right.
Just crossed the finish line




Marcus, Bruce, Chris
Toni, Cecile, Bev
Battle of the Bay 2010 - Best Hair Under Duress Award

Since I was already there and wanted to share some more of my city with you, I pointed my camera in other directions as well.

Left to right, Protection and Galliano Islands and Jack Point viewed from Nanaimo Harbour
Swy-A-Lana Lagoon




This is the brickwork on the stairs leading down to the water from the Lighthouse Pub where, every Sunday at noon, you can find the Huliguns after practice -- drying off, wetting their whistle over brunch and telling tales of glory on the water. Or wondering if Bruce remembers the time he had difficulty finding the correct turn buoy. *cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment