Saturday, October 2, 2010

A complicated and elegant plan ...

Here at Neuco HQ, we strive to use the most up-to-date, sophisticated technology available. Never satisfied with garden-store variety tools, we manufacture our own to exacting specifications.

To wit ...


Yes, that is a Murchie's Coffee grass-seed spreader.  Gotta use the best!

It was a gorgeous day and Bruce took the opportunity to get our somewhat dented and bruised lawn on the road to recovery.  As I write this, he's out there raking, seeding and fertilizing our Back 40 in anticipation of wetter weather, ideal growing conditions for nurturing new lawn.  I'm pretty sure you Albertans think we're nuts .. after all, planting season is May/June!  Ahh .. in BC .. we do things differently.

I offered a great deal of verbal support for him, even carried a bag or two of fertilizer and fetched coffee.  There are no lengths I will not go to in order to support his dream of a green lawn!  *snicker*  (that was poking fun at myself, by the way)

You can take the boy out of Alberta .. but he'll still wear plaid flannel.

I clicked off a few shots of the garden for you .. not a lot to see right now, so I included the neighbor's sunflower. 

1 comment:

  1. Alpha Squadron Sparrow has moved into our backyard and is feasting on grass seed .. I hope Bruce planted extra!

    ReplyDelete