Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

While I'm waiting for kids to show up at our door (there was a cute family all dressed up as members of Toy Story about 4:00 pm), I thought I'd get a head start on November changes for the site.  This time, the background design is all my work.  Doodads and fripperies are yet to come :)

As are, hopefully, pictures of Toni and Tom's bonfire fun.  We're bringing the marshmallows. Catch you later!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11:00 pm

As we arrived tonight, Tom was setting off fireworks .. I gotta tell you .. I love BC for this.   When we first settled here, you could purchase fireworks anytime of year and shoot them off .. a bit unnerving for Albertans who've never even seen a place to purchase them.  Nanaimo now has a ban - except for a week around Halloweeen and on July 1st - at least I think it's Canada Day .. a law that was met with much harumphing from our friends and neighbours.  

I managed to get a couple of shots of the bonfire tonight, but no costumes as those were kept pretty well hidden under rain gear.  The bonfire was pretty damned impressive though.   After all, with a former fireman planning the blaze, it can be nothing less than spectacular, right?


Terrific detail of the fire ... hot dog, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I only saw the fire in person, after it had become significantly subdued... But boy did it have a stack of coals going.

    And for some reason, this year is the first that I've noticed any surprise about being able to buy fireworks. I guess I never knew that other provinces didn't allow it! Our friend Ike was saying the same thing after watching them go off outside his window. I guess it must be strange, but personally it's hard to see the big deal, just because I'm so used to it.

    Hide your cats, hide your dogs, and hide your husbands, because they're setting fireworks off out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new fonts by the way!

    ReplyDelete