Saturday, October 2, 2010

Inspiration

A new month, a bit of a site update.

Blogging on this website has returned to me the inspiration to dig out my PaintShopPro and play around a bit. The wee hours of the night have found me pouring over websites offering free plug ins for PsP, finding and updating old programs, editing pictures, searching for album covers, and reorganizing a quite hefty font collection.

This last bit of work makes me realize how long its been since I created fontwork ... it's a crime how dusty that particular digital shelf had become. I've dusted it off and unpacked the various crates full of alphabets. I'm now afraid that my sorting system is no longer working, so I've got a full scale remodel ahead of me. Since the collection houses more than 10,000 fonts at this time, it will be a while until everything is as shiny as the way I like it. I've added a spot at the bottom of the page with links to the fonts I use.

Sadly, my reading has taken a back seat to this, so please exercise patience with me as the book covers change infrequently.  I'd love to hear about your recommendations too, especially in the speculative fiction area. I know a few people in this family are extremely well read.

I'm interested in changing out the website background as well and am working through the humiliating process of spending hours creating and then garbaging stuff that didn't look good on electronic paper. The good news is that I am ratcheting up the creativity again. Feels good to stretch these wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment