Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rathtrevor Beach

Babies are squirmy things.  I'm sure this comes as no revelation to anyone who's had to hold a baby who isn't asleep and yet, I keep discovering how quickly they can defeat a camera shutter.  Keith today proved nearly impossible to catch without a goofy expression, but I certainly tried hard.  I have about 20 pictures on my camera and only a few worth posting.  This one was great.


The Spiderman hat almost didn't come  home with us.  Bev and I have determined that we have to do a clothing check on hats and shoes more often.  We were almost back at the car when we discovered he'd lost his hat somewhere along the way.  Turned out it was about where we'd turned around to head back to the car, so we got in double distance today.



Bev and Keith enjoying a walk on the beach.  He was so happy to get out of that carrier and have a chance to stretch his legs.

Bev and I went out to Rathtrevor Beach where she proved to me that there are indeed fine sandy beaches within a very short distance of Nanaimo.  Today there were only a few people in the park, but come summertime, this sand will be covered with visitors from far and near.

A kaleidoscope of seaweed and sand
Driftwood reminds me of my friend Cécile.  Check her link and art below.

 The color of the ocean and mainland off in the distance meld into each other, ofttimes making it difficult to tell where sky, sea and land begin and end.  Today was pretty clear, however.


After our walk, we stopped for a picnic on the grass.  Here's Keith at "adorable" .. 10 seconds away from "impish" where he tried to ensure Bev wore that slice of bread home inside her shirt.


Keith showed concern about leaving the blanket to explore the grass, so Bev coaxed him over with a wee white daisy.  After that, he felt free to investigate the rest of nature by shoving it in his mouth.

And finally, to prove to Bev that she takes some great pictures, here are a couple from the day.


1 comment:

  1. Awwww... You're my personal paparazzi!
    Thanks for taking all these photos of us Mo... I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete