Monday, May 16, 2011

Waterfront

Today, Bev and I walked the full length of the Queen Elizabeth Promenade, more commonly known as the waterfront walk.  I've got a ton of pictures to share with you since our walk was more of a dawdle and I almost made her late for an appointment because we lost track of time.  Hope you made it, Bev!

I giggle when I read this, I don't know why.  Maybe its the landlubber in me.
Forests of two different kinds ... the evergeens of Newcastle Island are backdrop for
the jungle of masts at the Nanaimo Yacht Club
Looking out toward Protection Island

Looking back at pierside shops

These two aren't very big as yachts go, but I probably wouldn't pass up
an opportunity to be wined and dined aboard one.
At the other end of the spectrum are boats at moor who really don't need security measures.
Bruce, if I ever strike it rich, I'm totally buying you this beauty.
This is one way to come home with a case of crabs ....
... without getting all emo about it.
I hear the food here is good.  I've lived here five years now ... perhaps an afternoon of sea air, patio,
sunshine and pitchers of margaritas is in order.  Cause it doesn't get better than that.
Now how often do you see seaplanes and pubs advertised together?  I love this town!
The Lighthouse Pub, on the right, is actually a regular drinking spot for us since they have seating that will
stand wet clothing, room to stash a PFD under the tables and a large bathroom to change into dry clothes.
I swear to god, these gulls were almost glowing.

Now this is a true western hitching post.  Take note, Alberta boys.  The British
Columbians know a thing or two about knot tying.  I'm going to go out on a limb
and guess this is a bowknot  Cause its at the front of the boat.  Cha!

The sails of this sculpture actually turn with the wind
If I didn't know better, I'd have testified there was a city crew involved here. Apparently,
whatever this cable guy was doing involved 4 or 5 guys wildly gesticulating and
offering lots of verbal backup from the safety of the dock below.


Dirty Fat White Buoys.
A running joke for one member of the Bastion Dragons
All parkades should look so good.
Cherry blossoms in front of the Port Authority office.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still giggling about the "bowknot". Hehehe.
    A lovely day's work!

    ReplyDelete