Saturday, October 1, 2011

Brought to you by the letter G ..

I've been doing a bit of sorting through my sizable collection of fonts.  Each month, as I search through my collections, I vow to spend a few minutes in cleaning it up.  It's actually a daunting task that will require days of work, rather than a few minutes; sorting through styles has brought better people than me to their knees.  Having finished my beginning-of-the-month web updates with this post, I am already re-delegating that task to the 'someday' pile.

I love fonts.  I love how they look, I love what they convey without words and I love to play with them to bring out their potential.  Sometimes, I succeed.  Ha!  Most times, I can wrestle them into behaving the way I want.

There are two letters that will make me instantly fall in love with a new font ... the lowercase g and the uppercase Q.  Unusual renderings can have me scrambling for the download button.  Here are fifteen fonts that caught my eye simply because of one letter. 


I haven't included any links in this post, although Colwell can be found at the bottom of this page because I've used it elsewhere for the October 2011 site design.  A quick Google search can bring up most of them, and I highly recommend dafont.com for you fonting needs.  Or to get you started down the murky path where letters jump off pages to get your attention, but it could be that's just me having a personal relationship with letter shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment